Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > drew tech cardaq-m and maxisys
drew tech cardaq-m and maxisys

2668 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2016-01-29 20:09:36

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    justenecalamayan
    2016-01-20 01:36:31
    I recently purchaced my maxisys 908 . So far so good. I decided to go with the non pro version simply because I already have a cardaq-m. If I'm not mistaken drew tech makes most of the jbox's out there , can we not use what i already have incorporated with my maxisys when it comes to programming? With the acception of purchacing the flashing software?

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-01-20 06:25:02 (Reply to:justenecalamayan)

in theory it should work but i have not tested it..

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-20 08:45:46 (Reply to:justenecalamayan)

Sorry we are not sure, we never tested 908 with other Jbox before. If you have, maybe you can try and feedback here.

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    justenecalamayan
    2016-01-20 09:09:10 (Reply to:Support02)
     thanks for the reply.. i will try but apparently i have an issue with my VCI not being able to communicate with CAN

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-20 11:29:58 (Reply to:justenecalamayan)

I will guide you to our Autel US. Please check your email.

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-01-20 13:51:30 (Reply to:justenecalamayan)

the drew box only works with windows

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-01-20 16:36:23 (Reply to:Support02)

I think because he believed he is having CAN communication problem with his new Maxi Sys VCI with a Mercury Mountaineer, he tried pairing his  Cardaq M J box to the Maxi Sys , and now the Maxi Sys is basically telling him the Tablet has now become a Pro and he now has to update it as such. "...and  To think at one time I had such a Hot Purple Pee Pee to jump on one of those things" (Barney)

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    justenecalamayan
    2016-01-20 21:39:53 (Reply to:witsend)
     I think you thought wrong. Lol. I did not try to connect/pair my cardaq with my maxisys. I am having communication issues, I've already sent my unit to get looked at. 

There are a lot of bugs with the unit.. But I still have faith. Not to sure why you thought that.. But I can assure you I'm doing everything right. 

For the others thanks for responding. 

I'm sure this topic has came up a few times. I've searched and couldn't find anything.

Again thank you all. 

I wouldn't wanna risk pairing up my  cardaq with my maxisys without asking you folks or support. 

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    justenecalamayan
    2016-01-29 20:09:36
     Got my maxisys back from warranty... rescanned the vehicles i was having issues with....WOW. This tool did what i needed it to do. support was right, A faulty VCI wireless interface unit. Keep in mind, my tool was just 3 days old. apparently it came with a faulty VCI. which is still kinda strange to me, but all as well now. a few things to say about customer service...

i waited patiently for a response back from support when the initial issue happened, and since i was talking to support in china i really had to be patient. imagine spending grands in a tool and 2 days later something isnt working. how would that make you feel. its hard to be patient. any who, after the back and forth emails, they (china support) narrowed it down to a faulty VCI. they then sent a request to the US autel support team to send me another VCI unit. INSTEAD of sending me a new VCI they wanted me to send both the scanner and the wireless interface, which is fine...but why waste my time chat chitting with china support for them to pinpoint the issue only for me to wait another week to get my investment back. 

according to Support in NY they said...
    to save time and money its better to send both the scanner and the vci to verify the concern and to fix it right the first time. imagine if we sent you the vci and it didnt work? its wasting time and money. 

my response to this is...
    why did i just waste my time and money emailing china support, when they told me exactly whats wrong and still i had to ship my BRAND NEW scanner to NY at my cost.....(because if they were to pay for shipping to and from hawaii it would have to be GROUND shipping which couldve took, idk possibly 2-3 weeks) they told me they will match my shipping but still, the fact that i needed to pay overnight shipping for them to ship it over night back to me is just ridiculous. 

they also said..
    "dont you have another scanner for the time being?"

WTF? thats irrelevant 
    i could still communicate with BMWs, MB.. and any other non CAN systems with the faulty VCI. 

any ways i did what ever they ask me to do and the results were to be expected... just the time and the way they handled the situation was just not acceptable for me especially when its BRAND NEW. 

now makes me wonder, if they are so cheap on taking care of shipping.. i can only imagine.. what kind of parts they used to build this thing...

granted they got my issue fixed, and now im up and running... but in this industry, time is MONEY, and i dont have alot of time... or money. HA

THANK YOU SUPPORT FOR .....idk what to say... fixing my investment??? Thanks i guess..ITS BRAND NEW!
  Total1 Pages